We have a plan! We’re being super safe and yet not over-reactive, because, lets face it, Covid-19 is destructive enough on it’s own. Here are some of the way’s we’re taking action:
● All pick up/drop off will take place outside and must occur quickly in order to comply with State and Local regulations. In case of rain, parents are asked to call from the driveway to insure children have a quick transition. Tele conferences can be set up for nap times/evenings if something needs to be discussed in length.
● All parents, children and staff on site will be screened upon arrival for symptoms of covid-19. Screenings will include temperature checks, visual checks, and answering the questionnaire.
● If anyone has symptoms of Covid-19 or any other symptoms of sickness, they will be temporarily excluded from the program. For Covid-19, they will be expected to self-quarantine for at least 14 days. In cases of a cold, virus or infection, the person must self-quarantine until symptom free, without medication, for a minimum of 36 hours. We are required to report symptoms to the health department who may provide further instruction to the Daycare.
● Everyone is REQUIRED to ADVISE OF ACTUAL & POSSIBLE illness. Failure to do so will result in immediate termination.
● Anyone exhibiting symptoms or coming in contact with a case of Covid-19 will be required to get tested for Covid-19 prior to returning to this daycare.
● Families must report contact with anyone who has a case of Covid-19 to Sarah. According to State Licensing regulations, you will be instructed to contact your Doctor and you must self-quarantine because you have been exposed.
● Parents and Children will sanitize hands upon arrival, we will also wash hands soon thereafter, before and after eating, after coming in from outside, and as needed (coughing, sneezing, mouthing hands, etc.). Children sing our handwashing song to help encourage washing for at least 20 seconds.
● Hand sanitizer will be available for use in various areas, including at the sign in station and will be available at all times.
● Toys that have been mouthed will be removed from the playing area and will be sanitized before other children are able to handle them again.
● Daily sanitizing will increase. Toys will be sanitized after children transition to another activity. A deeper cleaning will take place once children are outside at the end of the day or following the last pick up.
● Windows will be opened often to allow airflow. Fans will also run.
● Items from home such as blankets and sleep stuffies are okay to bring. They will be sanitized before arrival by the parent. As usual they stay here during the week. They will be sent home to be washed each Friday by you. Anything here will be sanitized.
● Thermometers are sanitized after each family is screened. Touchless thermometers will be utilized.